I have a question about storing a Leaf over longer periods of time. My job entails travel to other cities and countries, sometimes for months at a time. What is the best state to leave the car in? Leave it plugged into the charging station? Leave it unplugged, and let battery drain? Leave it with a full charge? Leave the car with a drained battery? I'm looking for the answer that will best preserve the battery's longevity. Thanks in advance!
Community discussion etiquette
- Remember the golden rule.
- No personal attacks. If somebody else is a jerk, stay away. No matter how they might provoke you.
- If you know something, say something.
- Myths about plug-in cars need to be dispelled. Don't be stingy with your knowledge. Share it with our community. But please separate fact from opinion.
- Stay on topic.
- Pay attention to the thread topics. Staying on topic makes these pages much more organized and useful.
- Be kind to newcomers.
- Newcomers may ask dumb questions. That's okay. A lot of valued contributors started out this way. The plug-in car movement will grow one driver at a time. Be welcoming and our ranks will grow.
Any questions? Contact us.